How I can relate:
As an engineering major, I feel your pain through the laptop screen. It is a lot of work and at times I get a minor nervous breakdown! I am telling today that you gotta let your brain and body relax. Do not let these textbooks and papers put you in the hospital, real talk! I'm going to give you some helpful hints to reduce the level of stress that are applicable for the rest of your life!
I don't know how familiar you are with the rapper Mase, but he has a song called "Breathe, Stretch, Shake." I'm going to use the title of his song to explain how you can be stress free! (Stay with me, I'm a genius I promise).
Watch the video before you read on, if you like. It will help you understand where I'm going with this.
You got this! You know you are smart! Find that confidence in yourself! Study and do your best, and at the end of the day you can not ask anything else of yourself. Physically speaking, take some breathing exercises or even meditation! Close your eyes, inhale and exhale deeply. Give your brain and body some air. It will thank you later. Why not play some soothing music in the background while your doing these exercises? Give yourself sometime before, during or after classes to really get in touch with yourself and release that bad air in your body.
Stretch:
Yoga, Yoga, Yoga. Make sure your body is ready for the day as well. Stretch before you take on the day. you can do this while you are doing your breathing exercises. Especially focus on your shoulders, legs, arms and neck. Get the oxygen flowing throughout your body. Doing this before a test really helps too.
Shake:
Go out and have fun! Shake your booty! Shake the stress away! Or if you are in your room, blast some pump up music and take 5 mins to go wild and crazy! Shake your entire body. Pretend you are a noodle and throw your body every which way! Just don't break anything or yourself! Your brain can use a break from processing all that information. Go exercise!
Let it GO!:
A great student acknowledges when things are getting out of control. As I said before, don't let these books put you in the hospital. I mean that, because a couple of my friends have had anxiety attacks and mental breakdowns. So what if you didn't get the grade you wanted! Let it go! If you tried your best and you took all the necessary steps to receive help, then pat yourself on the back. Don't get too competitive with yourself to the point where you lose your sanity. Healthy challenges provide room for growth and fun!
Told you I was a genius! Now to add some more to the list.
The most important things to do are:
EAT and SLEEP well! Ban fast foods and foods that slow down your abilities to perform your best! Drink water and eat healthy foods. A snack here and there is perfectly fine. SLEEP, please! Again, rest your mind and body. Don't they deserve it? Don't you deserve it? YES and YES.
I hope this helped you!
No comments:
Post a Comment